2013년 4월 11일 목요일

The Second Trip


 Hello. I'm Yeon.
Now days, weather is warmer and warmer. In the street, spring is come and flower bloom. Oh, I really want to go somewhere that I can see a lot of color flowers.
 This time, I gonna write about Netherlands, the city of flower. The Netherlands is famous for the beautiful tulips. Every year, Netherlands holds flower festival in keukenhof which is one of the biggest festivals in the world. Hundreds of people come to see this.

 


 Tulip is Symbol of Netherlands, but they are originally from Turkey. One Dutch took tulip from Turkey and many people in Netherlands loved it. After that, Tulips become national flower of the Netherlands.


 
 Windmill is other symbol of this country. Netherland mean "Low land". 25% of Netherland is lower than sea level so they need something which canbail water out. That is Windmill. Now they use steam engine instead of Windmill so some of them disappear. But Windmill become good tourist attractions.




 Above picture is Zaanse Schans which is famous Windmill Village. There are small village that very ppeaceful, silent and traditional. It is beautiful, isn't it? I wish that I eat my sandwich under the windmill and go around the village.




  Oh, they wear traditional clothing. Their clothing is colorful and has a flower patterns. In fact, traditional clothing  is uncomfortable then now days people didn't wear the cloth as much as former. But, you can meet the people who wear traditional clothing in Zeeland, Friesland, Veluwe, Ijsselmeer, Volendam, Marken. There are famous for wearing traditional cloth.


 This is Klompen, the traditional shoes of Netherland. It looks really pretty. Because Klompen can prevent cold and wetness rather than leather shoes or boots, now days factory worker wear these shoes when they work. They said, it is more warm and waterproof than leather product. 

 Netherland is beautiful, peaceful and traditional country. You can experience their tradition. Hum... I want to buy colorful Klompen for me!

댓글 1개:

  1. Hi Yeon Hee~ I really want to go to the Netherlands. Tulips are my favorite flower. Probably for my honeymoon later my husband and I will go visit the Netherlands and see the tulips.

    답글삭제